Risk Assessment eLearning provides managers, supervisors and anyone involved with Risk Assessment, a general background in the concept of and importance of risk assessments.
This is a short course designed to introduce managers to the concept of risk assessments, why they are important, and what their responsibilities are with regard to this area. There are sound financial, legal and ethical reasons why companies should be aware of, and carry out, appropriate risk assessments. Effective management in this area contributes to business success by reducing the risk of accidents and ill-health, and all the associated costs.
This course highlights the importance of recording and maintaining records. In the event of an accident or claim, the investigating authorities will want to know how the employers managed Health & Safety. They will demand to see and examine the corresponding risk assessment initially, as well as the procedures and controls in place. Are you confident that your practices will stand up to rigorous examination?
- Advise on the legal requirements to carry out risk assessments
- Explain the concept of risk assessments
- Teach how to carry out a risk assessment
- Explain the difference between hazards and risk, and what factors to consider when assigning risk to a particular hazard
- Advise on the importance of recording and maintaining risk assessment records
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANISATION
- Achieve a reduction in the overall level of risk your organisation faces through highlighting an employees role in the risk assessment process, where they can access existing policies and procedures, and how they can help inform, compliment and improve existing risk control measures
- Assist with and help ensure the successful implementation of risk control measures in your organisation
- Demonstrate compliance with the requirement to manage and risk assess the Health & Safety of employees in the workplace by providing managers with the appropriate information and skills in an easy, cost-effective and practical way