Asbestos Awareness eLearning from Law At Work is essential for any employees or contractors who are liable to encounter or disturb asbestos containing materials.
Asbestos is classified as a Class 1 carcinogen. Asbestos related diseases are recognised as killing more people than any other single work related cause, with it being reported that asbestos is currently responsible for an estimated 4,500 deaths in the UK. For this reason, there are strict legal controls over work with asbestos; the Jersey Inspectorate reviews all plans of work to ensure the licensed contractors proposals for work with this highly dangerous substance are suitable.
It is now illegal to use these materials in the construction or refurbishment of any premises but a significant amount of asbestos materials are still in place in commercial, industrial, public and residential buildings. This course has been Approved by RoSPA. For more information on RoSPA Approval, click here.
Any worker liable to encounter asbestos during their normal work should be trained so that they can recognise asbestos materials and know how to work safely with them.
- Explain why asbestos is dangerous and the associated health risks
- Show the different types of asbestos materials and the common locations of these materials in buildings
- Advise on general control measures when working with asbestos
- Teach how to deal with a potential contamination
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANISATION
- Ensures employees/contractors are aware of the dangers of asbestos materials and understand the requirements for working safely with them
- Communicate the location and type of any asbestos materials in the workplace via the Asbestos Register
- Comply with the Asbestos Regulations to provide awareness training to anyone whose work could foreseeably expose them to asbestos
- Asbestos Awareness eLearning is fully editable if you subscribe to our branded portal package*