New & Expectant Mothers is a short eLearning course that informs employees of their benefits, responsibilities, and potential hazards or risks specific to their workplace environment.
Many workplaces with previously acceptable working conditions may suddenly become hazardous and contain risks that may affect the Health & Safety of new and expectant mothers. To ensure that employers consider the special needs of this group (defined as workers who are pregnant, have given birth in the previous six months or are breastfeeding), the law requires employers to assess any specific risks for new and expectant mothers and where they employ any woman of childbearing age. New and expectant mothers may be at risk from a whole range of hazards, from exposure to biological and chemical agents, to constant standing or excessive workloads, and the consequences can be serious.
The course highlights the responsibility of employees to inform their employer if they are pregnant, have recently given birth or are breastfeeding. They will also be informed of their maternity benefits and what the hazards and risks specific to their workplace are. The course is completely customisable to allow organisations to add, delete or amend content as appropriate to their needs. It is also accompanied by self risk assessments that allow the employer to risk assess the employee at different stages of their pregnancy.
- Advise employees of their responsibility to inform their employer that they are pregnant, have recently given birth or are breastfeeding
- Explain their maternity entitlements
- Make employees aware of hazards and risks in the workplace
- Explain what they can do to help manage their Health & Safety in the workplace
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANISATION
- Consistent and effective communication of your policy
- Demonstrates due diligence to vulnerable employees
- Data from risk assessments provides for effective health management
- Compliance with regulations