Introduction to Discrimination eLearning is a course covering issues that occur in the work environment as a result of the introduction of anti-discrimination legislation in Jersey.
Introduction to Discrimination eLearning is a 30 minute online course that ensures employees are aware of the issues of equality and diversity in the workplace and what their role is in relation to these issues. Employers are responsible for the discriminatory actions of their employees. Complying with what is generally perceived as 'reasonably practicable' in this area is to communicate an Equality and Diversity Policy to all staff, and provide awareness training on the potential implications of discriminatory practices in the workplace.
The course is deliberately aimed at an awareness level which allows for a reasonable completion time.
In this training course employees will learn:
- Definitions of 'equality' and 'diversity'
- The benefits of being diversity aware
- The role of an individual in relation to equality and diversity responsibilities in the workplace, and standards of behaviour expected
- The different types of discrimination including bullying and harassment
- How to make a complaint/seek help if they are either witness to, or a victim of, discriminatory practices
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANISATION
- Supports your organisation's commitment to promoting equality and diversity in the workplace, and the prevention of discriminatory practices in your workplace
- Helps to create a culture of respect for all employees by showing that diversity is a positive aspect of the workplace and not a threat
- Allows your organisation to make clear what standards of behaviour are expected in relation to equality and diversity, what kinds of behaviour will not be tolerated and the consequences of breaking behaviour codes