Focus on… Mothers At Work
This course is designed for the employer who has to manage pregnant workers, those on maternity leave and/or employees who are primary carers to children. It will cover the employment issues that arise in the work-place from pregnancy and maternity and childcare. The session aims to be practical; it will briefly cover the relevant laws but focus on what actions the employer needs to take in each given employment situation to balance operational concerns with legal obligations.
The 2 hour classroom course covers:
- handling pregnancy from the outset including notification of pregnancy issues;
- pregnancy at work including ante-natal issues and risk assessments and safe working;
- During maternity:
- handling maternity leave and pay;
- keeping in touch days and work activities during maternity;
- benefits during maternity including holidays;
- After maternity:
- return to work – early or late, or not at all and how to retain talent;
- returning to the same or different job including flexible working applications; and
- hot topics including breast-feeding and managing childcare-related absence;
- Sex discrimination:
- protection on grounds of pregnancy and maternity – including men;
- problem areas: recruitment; opportunities and termination; and
- possible discrimination claims even where complying with maternity laws.
Let us give you the information you require to run your business as smoothly and as risk free as possible.
Date: 21 June 2016
Venue: The Institute of Law, Seale Street
Price: £95 per person
If you would like more information on our training sessions, please contact Georgia Le Brocq on 01534 887088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To book a place on the training session, please download and complete our booking form.