Working at Height Awareness Training
28 March @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm£104.00
Who needs this training?
Anyone managing, carrying out or affected by work at height. This course does not cover the specialised skills required to carry out specific tasks, these must be dealt with by other training.
Why is this training required?
Falls are the largest cause of accidental death in the construction industry. They account for 50% of all fatalities. Injuries can occur from falls of all heights and all working at height requires to be planned and managed. This means that for any work at height, precautions are required to prevent or minimise the risk of injury from a fall.
- Understand what is working at height and why it is important.
- Recognise the implications of falls from height to businesses and individuals.
- Be able to state the hierarchy of working at height and when it should be carried out.
- Be able to select the correct equipment for the task in hand.
- Specify the issues in the correct use of equipment such as ladders, mobile towers, scaffolds, MEWP’s, harnesses etc.