Conflict Resolution Training
29 March @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am£82.50
Who needs this training?
All care staff working in the care industry who may be confronted by someone who is hostile or angry and requires sensitive de-escalation.
Why is this training required?
This training is described by Jersey Care Commission, (“JCC”), in their care standards, as a statutory and mandatory training requirement for staff working within the care industry.
- Recognise common causes of conflict, warning and danger signs.
- Understand different styles of communication in order to resolve the conflict.
- Know how to conduct real-time personal safety risk assessments.
- Understand the principles for de-escalating the conflict.
- Gain a range of skills to reduce and manage angry and aggressive behaviour.
- Understand the use of ‘reasonable force’ as a last resort.