- This event has passed.
Focus on… Mothers At Work
21 June 2016 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am£95
This course is designed for the employer who has to manage pregnant workers, those on maternity leave and/or employees who are primary carers to children. It will cover the employment issues that arise in the work-place from pregnancy and maternity and childcare. The session aims to be practical; it will briefly cover the relevant laws but focus on what actions the employer needs to take in each given employment situation to balance operational concerns with legal obligations.
The 2 hour classroom course covers:
- handling pregnancy from the outset including notification of pregnancy issues;
- pregnancy at work including ante-natal issues and risk assessments and safe working;
- During maternity:
- handling maternity leave and pay;
- keeping in touch days and work activities during maternity;
- benefits during maternity including holidays;
- After maternity:
- return to work – early or late, or not at all and how to retain talent;
- returning to the same or different job including flexible working applications; and
- hot topics including breast-feeding and managing childcare-related absence;
- Sex discrimination:
- protection on grounds of pregnancy and maternity – including men;
- problem areas: recruitment; opportunities and termination; and
- possible discrimination claims even where complying with maternity laws.
Let us give you the information you require to run your business as smoothly and as risk free as possible.
To book, please complete this form and send it to the email address below.