CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Hygiene
19 September @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£160.00
Who needs this training?
This training is essential for anyone working in pubs, hotels, restaurants, supermarkets, food retail outlets, hospitals, care homes and schools who comes into contact and handles food.
Why is this training required?
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensuring that the food they prepare, serve, and/ or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
- Define the key terms for food safety.
- State the consequences of poor standards of food safety.
- Describe the groups of people most at risk from food-borne illness.
- Outline, in general terms, the requirements of legislation for food business operators and food handlers.
- Outline the role and powers of enforcement officers and local authorities to control food that is unsafe.
- State the possible consequences of non-compliance with food safety legislation.
- Explain what is meant by due diligence.
- State the importance of food safety training.