Conflict Resolution (Diffusion and De-escalation)
Who needs this training?
This course is suitable for both registered and support staff working within the care industry.
Why is this training required?
The aim of this course is to recognise different aspects of conflict that care staff may encounter and to understand and be confident in diffusing the conflict. CPD Accredited.
- Recognise common causes of conflict, warning and danger signs.
- Understand different styles of communication in order to resolve the conflict.
- Know how to conduct real-time personal safety risk assessments.
- Understand the principles for de-escalating the conflict.
- Gain a range of skills to reduce and manage angry and aggressive behaviour.
- Understand the use of ‘reasonable force’ as a last resort.