- This event has passed.
Manual Handling Training
17 August 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm£99.75
Who needs this training?
Anyone who may be at risk from exposure to manual handling injuries at work.
Why is this training required?
According to the most recent report, 26% of all the ill health claims to the Social Security Department related to musculo-skeletal disorders, of which manual handling is one aspect. Employers have a duty to assess the risks from any manual handling activity at their workplace and provide information, instruction and training to eliminate or minimise those risks.
- Understand what manual handling is.
- Know what individuals and companies’ duties are under the law.
- Be able to identify the consequences of poor manual handling.
- Know the function of the back, its components and the conditions that can affect the back.
- How to plan a lift before undertaking to ensure you lift safely.
Price is inclusive of GST.