- This event has passed.
Asbestos Awareness Training
1 April 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm£95.00
Who needs this training?
Anyone who may be at risk from exposure to airborne asbestos fibres in workplace buildings and structures during their normal day to day work. Particularly those involved in demolition, refurbishment, maintenance and allied trades.
Why is this training required?
To comply with the training requirements of the Jersey Management of Exposure to Asbestos in Workplace Buildings and Structures Approved Code of Practice – ACoP 8 and ensure that anyone that might be exposed to asbestos fibres understand the risks and how these can be managed.
- Understand the properties of asbestos and its effects on health.
- Be able to identify the types, uses and likely occurrence in buildings and plant.
- Be aware of Jersey prosecutions involving exposure to asbestos fibres in air and identify where the companies failed under the health and safety legislation.
- Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos.
- Be able to implement general procedures to deal with an emergency.