- This event has passed.
Legionella Awareness Training
15 April 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm£95.00
Who needs this training?
This course is ideal for duty holders who require an introduction to Legionnaires’ disease and have a responsibility for safe water management within their workplace or premises including those responsible for the control of premises, such as landlords and managing agents.
Why is this training required?
The general duties of the Health & Safety at Work (Jersey) Law 1989 applies to the control of Legionella and duty holders are required to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, that water systems do not pose a risk to health. The training will provide an awareness in understanding their legal responsibilities, the health and safety risks, how to monitor and control their water systems correctly and the need for all water systems to have a legionella risk assessment.
- Know what Legionnaires disease is.
- Have an understanding on how legionella bacteria starts and multiplies.
- Have an understanding of what you can do to ensure compliance with the legislation and good practice.
- Have an understanding of effective water management and control measures.
- Understand the due diligence processes which should be undertaken to ensure that a compliant process is followed.