- This event has passed.
Capacity and Self-Determination for Managers Training
10 November 2022 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£145.00
Who needs this training?
Registered managers, registered persons or directors and trustees with responsibilities regarding significant restrictions of liberty under the Regulation of Care (Jersey) Law 2014.
Why is this training required?
This training is described by Jersey Care Commission (JCC) in their care standards as a statutory and mandatory training requirement for staff working within the care industry.
- To understand the five core principles that underpin the law and the way they affect how the law is understood and used in practice.
- To be able to complete a capacity assessment and know how to complete the best interest decisions process.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities when providing care and treatment to a person who lacks capacity.
- Understand the significant restriction on liberty and the requirements and responsibilities of managers.
- Know the statutory nature of the safeguards giving their application both weight and consequence in upholding the human rights of a person who lacks capacity.
- Review and discuss case law and the implication to care provision.