Falls from heights continue to be a common cause of fatal and serious injuries in the workplace. The law requires all 'working at height' tasks to be properly planned and that those carrying out the work are competent. All risks have to be assessed, and appropriate work equipment selected, used, inspected and maintained.
The perception of working at heights is that it only relates to tasks such as roof work and scaffolding, and mostly affects certain industries, for example, construction. Yet in reality, as the 'height' is not specified, all industry sectors are exposed to the risks presented by working at heights. It is also perhaps surprising that a large number of major injuries and some fatalities occur from a fall from a low height.
This Working from Heights eLearning course allows you to train employees in proper safety practices and in the use and maintenance of any equipment required to ensure they are working safely at heights. It also allows you to raise awareness of the risks associated with low level falls, and improve the risk perception of low level working at heights.
- Advice on various situations that constitute working from a height
- Make employees aware of the dangers associated with working at heights
- Teach safe working practices to be followed when working at heights
- Learn how to use a ladder safely and the importance of inspecting equipment before use
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANISATION
- Ensure employees/contractors are trained in proper safety practices and in the use and maintenance of any equipment required to ensure they are working safely at heights
- Raise awareness of the risks associated with low levels falls, improve risk perception and encourage better ownership of issues associated with working at heights
- Reduce the risks associated with infrequent or one-off working at height tasks
- Working at Heights eLearning is fully editable if you subscribe to our branded portal package*