Gender & Sexuality eLearning covers issues associated with gender reassignment and sexual orientation. Suitable for HR managers, directors and employers, it explains the principles behind gender and sexual diversity.
Gender & Sexuality eLearning is a 45 minute online course that ensures employers and employees are aware of the issues associated with gender reassignment and sexual orientation. It may act as a companion course to our suite of anti-discrimination courses.
Employers are responsible for the discriminatory actions of their employees. Complying with what is generally perceived as 'reasonably practicable' in this area is to educate staff on characteristics now protected by discrimination legislation.
The course is deliberately aimed at an awareness level which allows for a reasonable completion time.
In this training course employees will learn:
- Definitions of gender and sexuality
- Explanation of what it means to be transgender
- The role of an individual in relation to gender and sexuality equality and diversity responsibilities in the workplace, and standards of behaviour expected
- The myths associated with gender and sexuality
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANISATION
- Supports your organisation's commitment to promoting equality and diversity in the workplace, and the prevention of discriminatory practices in your workplace
- Helps to create a culture of respect for all employees by showing that diversity is a positive aspect of the workplace and not a threat
- Allows your organisation to make clear what standards of behaviour are expected in relation to equality and diversity, what kinds of behaviour will not be tolerated and the consequences of breaking behaviour codes