Food Safety Level 2 online training from Law At Work has been assured by The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. This course is available in English, Polish and Portuguese. Please note that only the English course has been approved by CIEH, although the Polish and Portuguese courses are direct translations of the approved course.
The Food Safety Essentials course follows the CIEH syllabus, level 2. The course is aimed at food handlers who work in the following sectors:
- retail sectors
(e.g. hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars, fast food outlets, takeaways, hospitals and colleges) and who are involved in preparing, cooking and handling food in these settings. This course has been through a thorough approval process with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and is certified as CIEH Assured.
Training your staff online is a much more convenient way of training - staff do not need to be away from the kitchen for a whole day and can dip in and out of the course until they have completed it. The course bookmarks their last position in the course so that they can resume where they last left off.
At the end of the course, there is a test and on successful completion, a certificate which displays the CIEH Assured logo.
The course follows the CIEH Level 2 syllabus, but does not offer an actual CIEH Level 2 Qualification and associated QCF points.
The course is available on request. For more information, please call 01534 887088.
- What food safety and hygiene is and why it is important
- Responsibilities under food safety law
- The causes of food contamination and how to prevent it
- The causes, dangers and symptoms of food poisoning
- How to maintain a high level of personal cleanliness
- The importance of cleaning and pest control
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANISATION
- Comply with Food Safety law by providing training to any employees who handle food
- Ensure that employees who handle food are trained in food hygiene practices
- Reduce the risk of food poisoning, complaints and fines for breaches of food safety