Asbestos Awareness eLearning from Law At Work is essential for any employees or contractors who are liable to encounter or disturb Asbestos Containing Materials.
This course can be used as either the main training course or as the refresher.
Asbestos exposure is the UK’s largest occupational killer, with 4,500 deaths per year, which is more than road traffic related accidents. This UKATA Certified Asbestos Awareness Category A eLearning training course enables employees to complete the training online at their own pace. Online training can be completed at home, in the workplace or even at remote locations.
On successful completion of the online course, the employee is provided with a nationally recognised Asbestos Awareness Training certificate which is logged centrally by the UK Asbestos Training Association (UKATA).
Training is mandatory for anyone liable to be exposed to asbestos fibres at work. All employers shall provide Asbestos Awareness Training for all workers who could encounter asbestos during the course of their work; this also applies to workers who are self employed.
This eLearning course does not use Flash and is compatible with iPads and Android tablets.
Course duration: 2 hours
Our UKATA Certified Online Asbestos Awareness Training Course is delivered under licence from UKATA Member 4See Group.
- Explain why asbestos is dangerous and the associated health risks
- Show the different types of asbestos materials and the common locations of these materials in buildings
- Advise on general control measures when working with asbestos
- Teach how to deal with a potential contamination
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANISATION
- Ensures employees/contractors are aware of the dangers of asbestos materials and understand the requirements for working safely with them.
- Communicate the location and type of any asbestos materials in the workplace via the Asbestos Register.
- Comply with the Asbestos Regulations to provide awareness training to anyone whose work could foreseeable expose them to asbestos.